At Nationwide Fibreglass, we’ve witnessed industry across Ireland and the eurozone modernise at an extraordinary pace. With that modernisation has come an increased awareness of the benefits of fibreglass roofing solutions, with public institutions, private businesses and homeowners investing larger and larger sums of money into the durable, more environmentally friendly material. In our latest blog, we take some time out to discuss some of the main advantages of fibreglass roofs, highlighting some of our most popular products along the way. Check it out!
The popularity of fibreglass roofing systems has really picked up, especially over the past decade. Indeed, we’ve seen the industry swell by 4 percent year on year, with more traditional forms of roofing such as felt and slate losing ground to this modern and hardy material. At Nationwide Fibreglass, we are proud to be Ireland’s foremost leaders in the installation and maintenance of fibreglass roofing, with over 12 years of experience allowing us to become experts in what we do. However, don’t just listen to what we say – we’re proud to say that we have over 7,400 happy clients, installing over 8,600 fibreglass structures across the nation. Our reputation as leaders in our sector is one we take seriously, and the advantages of our fibreglass solutions testify to that.
The Benefits of Fibreglass Roofs
- Alterability: Time and time again, the team at Nationwide Fibreglass are asked to explain what truly separates fibreglass roofing solutions from alternative materials such as slate and felt. The differences are many, and the advantages of fibreglass roofs are plentiful. The versatility and alterable nature of the material allows our installers and maintenance teams to fit this kind of system to a large variety of building styles. Indeed, whilst fibreglass systems are most often seen on flat roofs, our team regularly use this material on pitched roof structures.
- Strong material, long lifespan: The alterable and multi-purposed nature of fibreglass is really complicated by the strength of the material, and this benefit shouldn’t be underestimated. Indeed, this is one of the most fundamental differentiators between fibreglass and alternative materials such as felt, which we often use as a strong example. In the vast majority of cases, fibreglass roofing structures stand the test of time, with an impressive lifespan of up to 20 years. This stands in contrast to felt, where the material’s short life span typically lasts between 6 and 8 years. This durability is a massive bonus, and represents one of the wisest and most economical investments that you can make at home or at your business.
- Simple upkeep: When it comes to material selection, few roofing systems are as easily maintained and repaired as fibreglass. This significant advantage means that any fixes or amendments required will be carried out quickly and with relative ease by our team of qualified engineers and fibreglass fitters. But why is fibreglass so easily maintained? The answer lies in how the material is 100% seamless, significantly reducing the impact of any potential weathering or damage caused by water. Even if your fibreglass roof is damaged (a highly unlikely occurrence), our team is on-hand to quickly identify and rectify any issues or faults.
- A straightforward process: Few materials and roofing materials offer the same ease of access and convenience than our fibreglass solutions. And, unlike other solutions including felt and slate, fibreglass is a seamless structure, significantly reducing wastage and pressure on local landfill. Our fibreglass is easily recycled and is prefabricated, which reduces time required for transport and installation.
- Health & safety superiority: Now more than ever, health & safety is an area of priority concern for each and every one of our valued clients. Customers of Nationwide Fibreglass can proceed with total peace of mind that their material selection is both corrosion resistant and flame retardant. We are increasingly finding that in situations where health, safety and fire concerns are a priority, fibreglass is the most natural choice.
At Nationwide Fibreglass, we are proud to have pioneered this material across the island of Ireland for over 12 years. We offer a broad selection of fibreglass solutions, each offering their own unique advantages. Keep reading to learn more about the pros of our products, including Res Tec, Dryseal and CureIt.
One of the most popular fibreglass solutions on the market today, the innovative Res Tec product is manufactured by Scott Bader Ltd, one of the industry’s foremost experts in polyester chemistry and the manufacturing of leading construction and roofing solutions. Bader offers some of the most experienced professionals in the industry, supported by a strong customer service department which our clients praise time and time again.
But why is RES TEC so popular? The answer lies in how Bader have used a powdered hardener for more rapid curing, with added durability and crack resistance secured by its reinforcement with fibreglass CSM. This is a highly adaptable solution with a huge range of applications. Indeed, you can even coat common surfaces like timber, felt, concrete and asphalt using this truly innovative product. This means that effective overlaying work can be completed without any stripping or refitting required.
All RES-TECH systems are fully fire tested to BS 476-3 Rating: F.AA and EN 13501-5(4) Rating: BROOF(t4). This is the highest possible rating a flat roof system can attain and allows for unrestricted use under British regulations. The products are also LABC Registered Detail certified (Certificate No.EW1000), guaranteeing legal compliance with the latest legislation around building rules. The system is applied as a one coat (10 year repair system) or two coat (20 year roofing system) system, using 225g/m2 fibreglass CSM for extra tough membrane protection that lasts for up to 20 years.
Dryseal is one of the most commonly installed fibreglass solutions offered by the team at Nationwide Fibreglass. Manufactured in the UK in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001-2008 Quality Control procedures, and also in accordance with product performance and compliance standards established in the British Board of Agrément, the lifetime guarantee of this product is a significant benefit and is supported through a network of experienced and licensed contractors.
The installation of Dryseal is remarkably fast thanks to its method of fixing and joining, with a high impact resistance guaranteed by its liquid-only resin. This has the added benefit of significantly reducing the likelihood of protracted delays caused by adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen environmental circumstances.
And, unlike many ‘wet lay’ systems, dryseal is highly adaptable, with its ultimate flexibility allowing it to be applied with relative ease in a variety of cold and warm roof configurations. It boasts a 20 year guarantee with an average lifespan of 30 years, with pre-cured parrots factory-manufactured under BS EN ISO 9001 and 14001 quality and environmental standards.
When it comes to fibreglass roofing solutions, few materials are as well-known as CureIt. This revolutionary material was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2016 in the innovation category for the development of the CureIt GRP Roofing System. And, like many of the products we offer, CureIt comes complete with a 20-year guarantee on materials from the manufacturer.
One of the main advantages of this solution is its manufacturer guarantee that flat roofs will remain totally leak-free for two decades. Beyond this, CureIt roofing resins and topcoats promote superior bonding characteristics and ultimate flexibility. We’ve found that this is a significant benefit in construction scenarios in Ireland, where adverse weather conditions often lead to protracted delays.
Get your project off to a start today by contacting the expert customer service team at Nationwide Fibreglass to arrange a totally free consultation. To make further enquiries about our past projects or to get information around pricing, materials and more, get in touch with our dedicated team today.